BlinkDash

Man denies 'brutal torture and execution' of radio DJ 'bundled into van before body found naked and

A MAN is facing trial for the "brutal torture and execution" of a radio DJ found dumped naked in woodland after an alleged kidnapping.

Koray Alpergin, the owner of London station Bizim FM, was discovered in Loughton, Essex, on October 15.

The grim find came two days after worried friends reported Koray, 43, and his girlfriend Gozde Dalbudak, 33, missing.

Ali Kavak, 25, appeared at the Old Bailey today via video link along with Steffan Gordon, 33.

Koray's family wept as Kavak denied murder, kidnap and false imprisonment relating to the DJ and his partner.

Prosecutor Peter Ratcliffe said the case involves the "imprisonment, brutal torture and execution of Koray Alpergin".

Read more news

The court was told Koray and Ms Dalbudak were returning home to Enfield, North London, on October 13 when the horror unfolded.

Nicholas Hearn, prosecuting, said previously: "They were attacked by individuals wearing white masks and bundled into a van and taken to a location and held there against their will.

"Mr Alpergin was badly beaten and murdered. On Saturday 15 October, two days later, Mr Alpergin's body was found by members of the public in a woodland area in Loughton, Essex.

"The body was naked and had sustained burns, bruises and cuts."

Most read in The Sun

A post mortem gave a preliminary cause of death as strangulation, blunt forced trauma and damage to the internal organs and ribs, it was said.

Ms Dalbudak, who was visiting from Istanbul, was later located and was physically unharmed.

Tributes flooded in for Koray, who had rubbed shoulders with celebs including Salt Bae and P Diddy, from around the world.

His dad Tuncay Alpergin said his son's place in life will not be filled in a heartbreaking post.

A GoFundMe page, launched by his family and friends, reads: "Koray was loved by everyone who had the pleasure of knowing him.

"A much-loved member of his family, a special friend to all and a huge member of the community with the biggest heart.

"Koray always thought of everyone, he was kind and caring and always supported those around him. He was such a light in the community, loved by his family, treasured by his friends and he lived his life to the fullest."

Kavak was remanded in custody ahead of a provisional trial date on September 18.

Gordon and a third defendant Junior Kettle, 31, are yet to enter pleas to murder.

READ MORE SUN STORIES

Erdogan Ulcay, 55, and a 17-year-old boy are charged with perverting the course of justice by assisting with the disposal of Koray's body.

They will next appear at court on March 8.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7tbTErKynZpOke7a3jqecsKtfZ316gpBsam5nnZa7brDEp6Ceq12iwrOwxKtkq5mUnrxusMlmo6itl53BsLqO

Martina Birk

Update: 2024-10-05